Friday, February 7, 2014

Ghosts Guide has been suspended from Google Play

Woke up today and found out that Google removed Ghosts Guide from the play store.
I got this:

This is a notification that your application, Ghosts Guide, with package ID com.twoshellko.codghosts, has been removed from the Google Play Store.
REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of the intellectual property and impersonation or deceptive behavior provisions of the Content Policy. Please refer to theIP infringement and impersonation policy help article for more information.
All violations are tracked. Serious or repeated violations of any nature will result in the termination of your developer account, and investigation and possible termination of related Google accounts. If your account is terminated, payments will cease and Google may recover the proceeds of any past sales and the cost of any associated fees (such as chargebacks and payment transaction fees) from you.
If your developer account is still in good standing, you may revise and upload a policy compliant version of your application as a new package name. Before uploading any new applications, please review the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy.
If you feel we have made this determination in error, you can visit the Google Play Help Center article for additional information regarding this removal.
The Google Play Team

So basically Activison I guess filed a complaint against the app. I've launched an appeal with Google but have zero hopes that something will actually change.

I was always under the impression that I complied with the fair use policy. And that I wouldn't be hurt by this.
Well in any case I am more worried about getting my whole developer account suspended. 

Also Google is a nightmare for communication. There is zero feedback. I have no idea what actually infringes. 
I have some ideas, but I don't want to risk reuploading the guide and getting it removed again.

So this is basically a huge pile of SHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment